Tuesday, January 10, 2017
20 Quotes to Inspire Your Workday
Ever need that little extra boost to get your workday going? Or a little extra motivation to set a new goal or dream a new dream?
I always seem to be a little more motivated to get a task done when I read a couple quotes online that somehow manage to put into words exactly what I’m feeling.
Today’s list is 20 of my favorite quotes to help you slay in work, in life, in general.
Enjoy and post your favorites in the comments!
1) “For what it’s worth: It’s never too late to be whoever you want to be. I hope you live a life you’re proud of, and if you find that you’re not, I hope you have the strength to start over.” – F. Scott Fitzgerald
2) “Girls should never be afraid to be smart.” – Emma Watson
3) “Those who dare to fail miserably can achieve greatly.”-John F. Kennedy
4) “I just love bossy women. I could be around them all day. To me, bossy is not a pejorative term at all. It means somebody’s passionate and engaged and ambitious and doesn’t mind leading.” – Amy Poehler
5) “It’s amazing what you can do when you quietly, clearly, and authoritatively demand it.” –Meryl Streep
6) “Get obsessed, totally obsessed. There is no use just liking what you do, get obsessed with it.” –Mario Testino
7) “You don’t have the right to the cards you think you should have been dealt. You have an obligation to play the hell out of the one’s you’re holding.” –Cheryl Strayed
8) “Far and away the best prize that life offers is the chance to work hard at work worth doing.” –Theodore Roosevelt
9) “In the end she became the journey, and like all journeys she did not end, she just simply changed directions and kept going.” –r.m. drake
10) “I’m not sure what I’ll do, but- well, I want to see people. I want my mind to grow. I want to live where things happen on a big scale.” F. Scott Fitzgerald
11) “The purpose of this glorious life is not simply to endure it, but to soar, stumble, and flourish as you fall in love with existence. You were born to live, not merely exist.” –Becca Lee
12) “And one day she discovered that she was fierce, and strong, and full of fire, and that not even she could hold herself back because her passion burned brighter than her fears.” –Mark Anthony
13) “And most importantly find your passion. It is absolutely essential you find a way to obtain the same level of satisfaction from your work than you do your free time. To live for the weekend is, after all, to waste away 71.43% of your life.” –Beau Taplin
14) “Your work is going to fill a large part of your life, and the only way to be truly satisfied is to do what you believe is great work. And the only way to do great work is to love what you do.” –Steve Jobs
15) “Great people do things before they’re ready. They do things before they know they can do it. Doing what you’re afraid of, getting out of your comfort zone, taking risks like that- that is what life is. You might be really good. You might find something out about yourself really special and if you’re not good? Who cares. You tried something. You know something about yourself.” –Amy Poehler
16) “Document the moments you feel most in love with yourself- what you’re wearing, who you’re around, what you’re doing. Recreate and repeat.” –Warsan Shire
17) “The things you are passionate about are not random, they are your calling.” –Fabienne Fredrickson
18) “Start where you are. Use what you have. Do what you can.” –Arthur Ashe
19) “She understood her worth which made her powerful. The world gravely needed a hero so she became one. No super powers really, just a strong woman who took no sh** from anyone.” –Randall Core
20) “There is nothing wrong with loving the crap out of everything. Negative people find their walls. So never apologize for your enthusiasm. Never. Ever. Never.” –Ryan Adams