So there's no denying that I absolutely LOVE Happy Hour. It's kind of my thing.
Living in DC for the past (almost) 7 years I've adopted the habit of grabbing drinks with colleagues or friends once or twice per week to wind down after particularly tough work days.
With March here and the spring season blooming rapidly I'm excited that Happy Hour is shifting to outdoor patios and rooftop bars. I'm a firm believer in being outside as much as possible so the warm weather and sunshine encourages taking yet another fun activity into the sunshine.
Now, whether you do it 'for the insta' or just enjoy drinks that are appealing in both taste AND aesthetic I want to recommend a few of my favorite drinks that I sip on once Spring comes around to really get in the sunshine-y vibe.
1) MargaritasMargaritas are great all year round, don't get me wrong. But there's just something about sipping on a frozen margarita outside when the weather finally get's warm. Not to mention Cinco de Mayo is a Spring holiday (and one that I fully love partaking in), so it makes it the perfect spring cocktail!
3/4 Cup of Tequila
1/2 Cup Fresh Lime Juice
1/2 Cup Triple Sec
Fresh Lime Slice
2) Mai TaisMai Tais are just one of my absolutely favorite cocktails. There's a cute Asian-fusion restaurant at the Georgetown waterfront that serves DELISH cocktails, so once spring hits I find myself on their patio with one or two.
1 Ounce Dark Rum + 1 Ounce White Rum
1.5 Ounces Triple Sec
1/2 Ounce Orange Juice
1 Ounce Pineapple Juice
1 Ounce Cranberry Juice
3) White SangriaDuring the Fall and Winter I tend to stick towards Red Wines and Red Sangrias because they just seem a little bit warmer to me. But, once the warm weather rolls around I switch over to a lighter White!
White Peach Sangria
White Citrus Sangria
White Cranberry Sangria
White Apple Cinnamon Sangria
4) Pink LadysPink Ladys are a family favorite! Pictured is my mom while my whole family was together for Easter brunch last year! They're basically just twisted pink lemonade but they're so delish and perfect to sip on a patio or at the beach!
1/2 Cup Lemonade
1/2 Cup Cranberry Juice
2 Ounces Rasberry Vodka
Lemon Wedge and Raspberries to Garnish
5) HurricanesHurricanes are a popular drink in New Orleans and with Mardi Gras being one of the holidays that kicks of the Spring they're definitely on the list. This is the one I enjoyed just two days ago for Mardi Gras 2017... not the prettiest I've had, but definitely delicious!
2 Ounces Light Rum
2 Ounces Dark Rum
2 Ounces Passion Fruit Juice
1 Ounce Orange Juice
1/2 of a Lime Juice
1 Tablespoon Grenadine
Orange and Cherry to Garnish