So I just turned 25 on Sunday. A quarter of a century..... honestly I don't know where the first 5 years of my 20s went, they seemed to just fly by!
I spent the entire weekend surrounded by friends here in DC and I was reached out by so many friends and family members back home that I couldn't help but feel like the luckiest and most blessed girl in the world.
AND on top of that, my baby Godson Levi was born on my birthday so we share the special day, just 25 years apart.
Maybe I'm sappy, or maybe it's just good for my well-being to constantly ponder and remind myself that for 25, I'm doing pretty well. I'm not doing better than most, but I'm also not worse off. I'm happy, I'm doing work I love, and I'm surrounded by people I love and that love me.
So, to kick off 25 I want to remind YOU of why you're killing it! Because you are. I promise. Some of these I have seen on other self-motivation blog posts and Buzzfeed articles that really resonated with me, but other are smaller, more incremental successes that show you every day you're killing it. Good for you!
- You Have a Roof Over Your Head
- You Eat Good, Nutritious, Meals by Choice
- You Exercise
- You Have Means of Transportation
- You've Accomplished Some of Your Goals
- You Have Other Goals You're Working Towards
- You Have a Unique Personality
- You Have an Education
- You Have Ride-or-Die Friends
- You Have an Enemy or Two
- You Have a Sense of Judgement
- You've Loved
- You've Been Hurt....
- .... But You've Learned From It
- You Have Hobbies
- You've Tried New Things....
- .... And You've Failed at Some of Them
- You Make an Income
- You Saved Some of Said Income
- You Travel and Experience New Things
- You Call Your Family
- You Savor the Little Things
- You Know When to Say NO
- You Know When to Say YES
- You're YOU!