If you read yesterday's post or follow any of my social media accounts you know that I'm busy and that a day off for me is few and far between. I'm very blessed to have a rather flexible work schedule that gives me every other Friday off, but I generally use these days for travel purposes so that I don't have to eat up my vacation time. But, there are the rare occasions that my Friday off is a day that I can just spend by myself (while Devin still has to work, ha) to relax, be productive, pamper myself, or a mix of all of the above.
Today's agenda has a mix of all of those things so I figured I would share a day in my life when I'm off of work and have a bit of free time. I've honestly been counting down for today for awhile now because I knew how much I needed a day off and this will be the perfect mix of relaxation and productivity.
- First things first, I get a chance to sleep in. I'm not much of a late sleeper, but at least I can wake up sans alarm. Usually that's around 7/730 and I always feel rested if I don't use an alarm to wake me up.
- Next I scheduled a cycling class at ZENGOcycle near where I live. A few weeks ago I signed up for a Class Pass which is a type of gym membership that gets you into hundreds of studios around the city in over 50 different cities. I get a certain number of credits per month to use at any of the participating studios. So far I've been taking advantage of barre class at both Barre3 and Pure Barre, CorePower, and ZENGOcycle. It's the best of all of those worlds rolled into one membership that is WAY cheaper than having a membership at just one. If you sign up through me you can get $40 off of your first month so definitely make sure to do that!
- After cycling I'm headed to the mall for the release of the Gal Meets Glam Collection by Julia Engel. Julia is the first blogger I ever followed and she is releasing a dress line that looks absolutely perfect to say the least. I've been checking out the collection previews all month and realized today with the release of the lookbook that my favorite dress is actually called the 'Haley' dress. If that isn't fate I don't know what is!
- After a bit of shopping and mall walking I have to head to Trader Joes to pick up some frozen pizza and appetizers for company that's coming over tonight to watch the Pens vs. Flyers game. You all know I'm from Pittsburgh so I'm extremely excited for the likelihood of a 3rd-in-a-row Stanley Cup. LET'S GO PENS!
- All of this should be accomplished by noon so my plan is to come home to a bath, take a nap, and then wake up to get ready and prepare for my guests.
Today's itinerary is exactly how I like it. I'm being productive. I'm taking time to treat myself and do some personal pampering. AND I'm relaxing. The combination of all three makes for a perfect day in my book. I find days like this absolutely necessary because they help me reboot for all of the chaos in the weeks ahead until I find myself with another free day. Unfortunately that's not for awhile, but at least for now I'm enjoying this lovely April Friday.